Friday, April 8, 2011

"MY JOURNEY"

A Poem By: Fat Cat Randy - aka R. Scott Williams


My early childhood memories include watching my mother struggle to survive from a drunken fool that denied his children, refused to support them and now hides in shame like an old broken tool.

Christmas at Grandmas was truly a treasure, the smell of fresh baked cookies floating through the air, new sleds and rich uncles share the wealth, lots of presents for us kids, they delivered in dynamic flair.

My third grade teacher, Mrs. Ringler, caught me with my first girlfriend Penny, playing with critters and holding hands at the science table where that damn grey rat finally bit me.



The walk to the nurse’s office made me mad as hell, dripping blood on the floor as my ear was being pulled, Summer of 1972, Little League Baseball, I played hard and we won, The Champs, it was so very cool.

Uprooted and forced to move south, left my friends behind for a small trailer on a hill, coal stoves, one room school houses, playing pinball and Mrs. Thacker’s paddle gave my behind a swatting thrill.



Mom finally had enough, demanded to moved back, Titus Elementary here I come, the Reds won the World Series in 75 and 76, the Big Red Machine, man they had no bums.

Junior High School, what can I say, the girls were so pretty, much better than the 3rd grade, I wish I could change my High School days, we've done it all, me myself and I, it was so easy to get paid and laid.



Introduced to the weed man and lost interest in sports, like a damn fool I put down those school books, my eyes were wide open and my mind was set free, beauty comes in clearly now, beyond one’s looks.

Changing oil, fixing flats, selling sacks and pumping gas is what I did to earn a dollar at nineteen, times have changed since our day, way back, now we live in a totally new wild uncontrollable scene.

Slinging drinks, breaking up fights and chasing women sent me down a whole new path of light, old Texas, scars, black eyes and dodging bullets whizzing by, my mementos of Texas and those bar room fights.

Traveled the countryside North and South, East to West, Coast to Coast and I thought Florida was the best, Vancouver British Columbia, haggling for Rolexes in Tijuana, catching Yellow Tail in San Diego, man I had to rest.

Cupid’s arrow got me good, this time it stuck, I stopped there, where I stood, I fell hard and I fell fast, for this women who I had asked to dance, who said yes and gave me the chance, but question’s one’s past.

Now married with baby on the way, life happens and bad things are said, seven year itch is what we had, Evil spirits and devilish domains surround my soul with nothing to gain, ache by day, night life was sad.



The Stairway to heaven approaches me slowly and here lately I've tried to be holy, visions show me the new world with everything to gain, oh Sweet Angle you saved me, clearly now, I'm without the pain.



No comments: