Saturday, April 23, 2011

GULLIVER'S TRAVELS - Silly but Fun!

Movie Review By: Fat Cat Randy - aka - R. Scott Williams


This film was really creative to say the least. However the director and the writer really missed on a few key points of this movie. There were way too many silly scenes that should have been cut out of this film. There should have been some re-writes and some re-shoots. I would say that the budget probably would not allow this. The writing was all over the place and did not focus on the main story-line. There was no introduction of the other Clan that lived across the sea. They just came out of no-where.

I’m a big fan of Jack Black and when I saw the trailer for this flick, I had to check it out. After saying that, I was very disappointed in this release. Box office receipts would agree with me. This film only grossed, $43M Domestically, $ 222M Worldwide after a budget of $ $112M. This film made money but it would have made much more had the changes been made. In my final opinion this film was a cross between Ironman and Wild, Wild West with little twist and turns here and there. I rate this film a 6.5 out of 10.

No comments: