Monday, April 27, 2015

POUNDING THE PAVEMENT TO CEASERS CREEK STATE PARK


It's Sunday and I won't be going to church today.  Instead we shall go riding to help clear some of these cobwebs floating around inside my heart and inside my brain.  We decided to head Southeast for some old country roads and the comfort of nice friendly people.  I just needed to go and visit my Mother's grave before I rumbled out of town.  My thought is, "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES".
 
The weather was partly cloudy with a chance of rain in the afternoon.  The temperature was going to hit a high of 60 decrees.  There was some gusty winds to deal with but what the hell, right?  I shall buy me a large windshield soon but for now, bring it on I say!  Plenty of water to stay hydrated.
 
The BP gas station visit was pretty cool when I rolled in to fill her up.  Many lookers checking out my "MISS NEVAEH ROSE".  It does make one feel good when you hear positive comments on something you put together with some help from your good friends. 
 
Time to clear my fears.  I rolled onto US 35 E. and twisted the throttle.  I was doing nearly 65 miles an hour before I knew it.  Traffic was way behind me and no-one in sight to worry about.  My ride was smooth and comfy with those new chrome heavy duty shocks.  The gusty winds played hardball on me and battled with me nearly the whole ride on US 35 E.   I need a windshield! 
 
Now I'm on US 42 S. heading towards Ceasers Creek State Park on SR 73.  Gusty winds was not as bad on US 42.  I did get to twist the throttle enough to get to 100 mph just to test my red ride and what she would do for me.  I was getting thirsty at this point and stopped at the Henderson's Bait Shop on SR. 73.  The sun was shinning bright while I was enjoying my water and a grape cigar.  Riding on.
 
 
 
I look forward to the Beach opening up this year for some relaxing swimming.  I have fished the hell out of this Lake and caught many fish both on land and with a boat.  I caught a nice 3 lb Walleye one year trolling a medium diver around the points.  That was a great day on the boat.  I had my brother Kevin with me on that fishing trip. 
 
 
My windy Sunday blew right on by before I knew it.  I love those old country roads all around SR. 73 and Ceasers Creek State Park.  After checking my odometer, I ended up riding 106 miles round trip before I put my Beautiful Red Iron Horse back in her stable.  Thank you girl for a safe and happy ride.
 

It's not what you ride.  It's the fact that you ride.  As long as your knees are in the Breeze, you should be good.  There are those that do care and will not ride with you unless you ride a Harley Davidson.  To each there own I guess.  Most of my friends don't care what I ride, as long as I ride baby. 

Heads up readers and drivers!  Its bike season, please be alert for motorcycles.  There is plenty of Black Top out there for everyone.  RIDE SAFE ALL!
  


    
    
 
 
 

No comments: